Updated on December 23, 2016
20 Questions with Adrienne Ford
1. What are you really excited about these days?
2. What was the last photo you snapped with your phone?
5. What’s something you aspire to that might surprise people?
8. If I dropped you off at the airport with a ticket to anywhere, where are you headed?
If it was literally today, Bali, to play with the monkeys. If it was in the summer, Paris.
9. What was your all-time favourite jam in the ‘80s and ‘90s?
Def Leppard’s “Hysteria.”
10. If I was a highly skilled bartender, what drink would you ask me to make for you right now?
I would sit down at the Ritz Carlton, in Paris, and order a French 75.
I have been having a secret love affair with poutine and Sriracha.
12. What do you do to cheer yourself up when you need it?
It would either be yoga and music at home. Or go out to shop and have dinner with my sister.
13. What’s the biggest misconception people have about you in real life?
Princess Andromeda in the 1981 movie Clash Of The Titans. I love Greek mythology.
15. If you could learn a new skill, language, or hobby, what would it be?
I would love to take a poetry course or pottery class.
16. Who are you most proud of?
17. Who is (or was) the single most influential person in your life?
19. What’s the one question you wish someone would ask you?
Would you like to be a dog mom?
20. Would you like to be a dog mom?
Yes, I would like one Golden Retriever puppy/baby immediately!
All photos are provided courtesy of Adrienne Ford.
Updated on December 19, 2016
✔ 1/2 – 3/4 cup sugar
✔ 10 – 15 drops essential oils (optional, for fragrance)
✔ mixing bowl
✔ mixing spoon
✔ glass jar (for storage)
3. Store in a glass jar for up to four weeks.
A few helpful tips:
Come back next week and I’ll show you how to make a light-as-air, luxe whipped body butter!
Your turn: Have you tried your hand at a DIY body or beauty product? How did it turn out?
Updated on December 18, 2016
Updated on December 11, 2016
Originally written by Shay Ferdinand.
Fun fact for Keira-Anne: her readers’ lives would be incomplete without her.
Now it’s time to dig a little deeper into that open mind of hers with a game of 21 Questions!
1. What’s your biggest fear?
2. How do you cheer yourself up?
3. What’s your greatest strength?
My ability to see the sunny side of any circumstance.
Photo by Karen Loudon
4. What’s your most embarrassing moment?
5. Do you remember when you fell in love?
6. Who inspires you?
7. What are you most thankful for?
8. What’s your favourite outdoor activity?
Hiking! Followed very closely by beachcombing and surfing.
9. What’s your favourite thing about Vancouver?
Photo by Rebecca Bollwitt
10. What’s at the top of your bucket list?
It’s definitely a three-way tie between the Nepal/Tibet region, Iceland, and Kenya and/or Tanzania.
11. What’s in your purse right now?
12. What’s the last photo you took on your cell phone?
13. What’s your favourite book/movie of all time?
14. If you could travel through time, when and where would you go?
I really love Western films, so I’d be tempted to travel to the mid-1800s in the southwestern U.S.
15. If you could have 3 people over for dinner (living or dead) who would they be?
Goldie Hawn, Malcolm McDowell (just to listen to him speak!), and Drew Barrymore.
16. What are you looking forward to in the future?
17. If you were granted 3 wishes what would they be?
18. Do you have any regrets?
19. What’s your spirit animal?
20. How do you handle negative comments, or trolls?
21. Do you have any advice for young writers?
Updated on December 1, 2016
My life is in chaos. We’re talking upside-down, exhausting chaos. Within the last seven days I have:
✔ moved into a new home
✔ moved to a new city
✔ started a new job
✔ unpacked five years’ worth of a combined household
On top of all of that, this is what our bathroom currently looks like:
Photo: Victor Hanacek