Posted on June 13, 2016
Vancouver Event: Integrative Medicine
Join Dr. Tanya Gee and Dr. Alexina Mehta in Vancouver for an evening on The Future of Integrative Medicine
When I started acupuncture treatments earlier this year, I had no idea that I would develop such a kinship with my doctor, Dr. Tanya Gee. As part of her practice, she often hosts talks and workshops, and her next evening discusses the future of integrative medicine.
Teaming up with Kitsilano-based naturopathic physician Dr. Alexina Mehta, Dr. Gee will be presenting her blend of health science with spirituality. These two women take a holistic and comprehensive approach to individual wellness, and understand that there is no one set and defined path to a healthy lifestyle.
Over the course the evening, Dr. Gee and Dr. Mehta will present what they believe are the five main points necessary to enhance and support your overall health:
- What you need to be aware of if you want healing. To heal means, by definition, to make whole and the word heal is embedded in the word “health.”
- Healing is both a science and an art. Many practitioners have forgotten the art and that it has to with nature, connecting to something greater than ourselves. This is how healing has been done, universally, for thousands of years.
- What we can learn from the rest of the world by examining systems of healing and various spiritual traditions from around the globe. Each culture has its own jewels of wisdom!
- How you can take control of your health – Dr. Gee and Dr. Mehta will share a step-by-step process!
- Lastly, they will share stories with the intention to inspire you to move forward with faith, trust, and hope.
Where: Vital Health Kitsilano – 1855 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver, BC (near West 4th Avenue at Burrard Street) [map]
When: Sunday, July 10, 2016 from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Cost: $25 in advance, $30 at the door
RSVP: Send an email and visit the Facebook event page for more information
Each of us – and the people in our lives – is impacted by our health. Taking control of our health and wellness is empowering, and I’m looking forward to joining Dr. Gee and Dr. Mehta at this exciting conversation! See you there!
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/53147/domains/keira-anne.com/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 399