Posted on May 24, 2016
Turo In Vancouver & the Ultimate Road Trip Playlist
Turo in Vancouver is soon to be the city’s latest and greatest in car sharing.
There is perhaps no kind of vacation more synonymous with summertime than the classic road trip. Turo in Vancouver is on its way into the city’s car sharing scene, and they want to help you find roads undiscovered and new trails begging to be blazed.
Each year my husband and I eagerly anticipate the adventures that the summer months bring us. Last year we had the fortune of embarking on a six-week road trip across Western Canada and the Western United States. In that time, we traversed two provinces and 11 states. One thing we did not leave home without was an epic road trip playlist loaded onto our iPod.
Never underestimate the importance of a solid playlist when hitting the road for hours on end. The right songs can make or break the trip, dictate the mood of your passengers, and either feed or rob you of the energy you need to push through to the next destination.
Whether we’re off for more than a month, or making a quick weekend trip to the Oregon Coast, I’m always very careful to curate our trip tunes. There are three key factors that absolutely must be incorporated into every playlist:
- Something for Everyone : Not everyone will agree on the same styles of music – or even the same tempos – so be sure to add a few crowd-pleasers into the mix.
- Consider your Route : Are you driving through miles of countryside of endless city streets? Your choice of songs will set the tone and enhance the ambiance.
- Don’t Be Embarrassed : Road trips are the perfect excuse the blast the songs you’d normally only sing along to at karaoke night.
That said, without further adieu and in no particular order, I present to you my 20 top picks for the ultimate road trip playlist.
- “Daughter” – Pearl Jam
- “Whiskey, Whiskey, Whiskey” – John Mayer
- “Every Breaking Wave” – U2
- “Higher Love” – Steve Winwood
- “Go Your Own Way” – Fleetwood Mac
- “Flake” – Jack Johnson
- “Soul Rebel (Aphrodisiac Sound System Remix)” – Bob Marley
- “With Arms Outstretched” – Rilo Kiley
- “Jimmy James” – Beastie Boys
- “Home Sweet Home” – Motley Crüe
- “Warrant” – Foster the People
- “White Walls” – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- “Right Place, Wrong Time” – Dr. John
- “Bright Side of the Road” – Van Morrison
- “If You Want Blood (You Got It)” – AC/DC
- “Lisztomania” – Phoenix
- “The Goonies ‘R’ Good Enough” – Cyndi Lauper
- “Title and Registration” – Death Cab for Cutie
- “Sugar” – Maroon 5
- “Midnight Rider” – The Allman Brothers Band
If you jumped in our truck and hit the play button, I can guarantee you’d hear a road trip-worthy soundtrack. But just because you can’t borrow our truck doesn’t mean you can’t borrow someone else’s! Enter Turo Vancouver to solve that problem.
Turo lets your list your car for rent or rent someone else’s car for an hour, a day, a week, or longer. And soon this smart, convenient, and affordable service will hit Vancouver’s streets! Visit Turo’s rental page to book a car, or learn more about how the system works.
Disclaimer: Keira-Anne.com is not associated in any manner (either personally or professionally) with Turo, generally, or with Turo Vancouver, specifically, and is not responsible for users’ experiences with the service and/or company.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/53147/domains/keira-anne.com/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 399