Posted on May 14, 2012
Donate Some Cash, Win A Prize
Apart from being vital to the SPCA’s annual operating budget, the annual Paws For A Cause fundraising event is a bundle of fun!
I’m thrilled, honoured and completely excited to be participating in the 2012 event, and this year marks my fifth anniversary doing so. Each year around this time I set out to hit a personal goal of raising money for the BC SPCA. All funds raised stay within the Province of BC’s SPCA shelters and is money that is crucial for a number of reasons.
Apart from day-to-day operations, the SPCA uses the money raised for the following reasons and so much more:
- animal cruelty investigations – including the Whistler sled dog investigation
- ticketing and enforcing against animal irresponsibility in your community
- critical animal care and surgery
- food, medication and maintenance
- emergency situations such as wildlife rescue
The magic number this year is $1 million dollars Province-wide. Only 2% of the SPCA’s annual operating budget comes from tax dollars, so this fundraiser is a must.
My personal goal is $1,500, but if the donations keep rolling in, I’ll gladly bump that number! To offer you some incentive to donate, a few amazing Island-based businesses have offered up wonderful prizes to my readers! Everyone that makes a minimum $20 to my personal campaign will be entered to win one of the following prizes in a random draw:
- A gift basket of assorted animal-friendly bath and beauty products from Saltspring Soapworks
- One of two $25 gift certificates for mouth-watering fare from Nanaimo’s Modern Cafe
- An assortment of farm-made jams, garlic, lavender products and more courtesy of the fine folks at Shamrock Farm in Comox
Stay tuned in the coming weeks to learn more about these products and companies, but in the meantime, please head on over to my Personal Campaign Page to make a loving donation. Jordy and I will be walking on September 9th at Marina Park in downtown Comox.
If you own an animal-loving business that would like to contribute a sponsor prize to my personal campaign such as the local businesses above, please feel free to send me an e-mail with more information.