Posted on March 22, 2011
Spring Break Snow Jam
No more pencils, no more books, no more teachers’ dirty looks – at least not until next week. Spring Break has arrived and the conditions at Mount Washington Alpine Resort could not possibly be more perfect for this week’s Chek News Spring Snow Jam. With a mid-mountain base of over 700 tasty centimetres, there’s no shortage of epic adventures waiting for you this week at the resort.
Photo: Mount Washington Alpine Resort
Dairyland Milk Run presented by Saputo
Tuesday, March 22 – Noon until 3:00 p.m.
- Whatever your skill level, the objective is to ski or ride every run within your ability. When you’re done your day, turn in your check card to be entered for a secret grand prize. Registration starts at 9:00 a.m.
Old Dutch Dodge Ball
Wednesday, March 23 – Starts at 1:00 p.m.
- For just a buck, enter your team of six or enter yourself to bring your A-game to schoolyard dodge ball in the snow. The last person standing will be crowned King or Queen of the Dodge and snag a prize courtesy of Old Dutch potato chips. Registration starts at 10:00 a.m.
Klondike Bear Scavenger Hunt
Thursday, March 24 – 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- Ice cream lovers are required, so if that’s you, start the hunt for Klondike Bears hidden at various points across the mountain. Once you find them all, turn in your score card to win some tasty prizes!
Beavertails Tail Eating Contest
Friday, March 25 – Starts at 1:00 p.m.
- This annual event challenges those daring enough to stuff their faces with sweet and tasty Beavertails. If you think you can hack it, register at the Beavertails hut on March 24th and 25th and prepare for some fierce competition.
Full Throttle Friday
Friday, March 25 – 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- This completely free event will have you jamming with the best of them. Grab your board, hit the Stomping Ground Terrain Park and register for your chance to snag some swag while shredding under the stars.