Posted on February 7, 2011
Giveaway: Celebrate Love On Vancouver Island And Win One Of Three Great Prizes
Whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day with someone this year or flying solo, there’s always reason to spread a little love. No matter where, or with whom, you find yourself on the 14th, here are some great ways to celebrate the day:
1. Spend an afternoon wandering small shops – chic boutiques in Victoria, gorgeous antiques in the Cowichan Valley or Nanaimo artisans – and treat yourself to something that catches your eye.
2. Treat your tongue (and a friend) to creamy, savoury cheeses with on-site sampling from either Natural Pastures Cheese Company in Courtenay or Little Qualicum Cheeseworks. I’m a big fan of the brie from both companies.
3. Vancouver Island is home to seemingly infinite vineyards, so head to any one of them for a (usually free) wine tasting. Bring along a bit of chocolate to make the experience more sumptuous.
Photos: Andrew Johnson (L) and Jay-P (R) on Flickr
4. Stay active and have fun doing it. Whack the clubs at a driving range, rent bicycles and hit the path or get in touch with nature on one of Strathcona Park’s hiking trails.
5. With all the Island’s utterly incredible spas and resorts, indulge in a side-by-side couples’ or friends’ massage. The Grotto Spa at Tigh-Na-Mara Resort in Parksville and Tofino’s Ancient Cedars Spa come to mind.
6. Escape the frenetic pace of everyday and dig your toes into the sand of some of the deserted beaches near Port Hardy. The pine-scented air and thrashing ocean will have you feeling relaxed in no time.
How do you share love? Does Valentine’s Day mean much to you or do you show it year-round? You could win one of three lavish prizes:
Prize 1 Victoria’s sought-after Silk Road Teas is providing one winner with a stunning Moroccan lantern for a candlelit bath, delicious massage oil, bath salts and a tasty romantic tea blend.
Prize 2 Get a taste of the famous Nanaimo Bar Trail in the Harbour City with a $25 gift certificate from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and delight in their signature Nanaimo Bar Fudge. This prize also includes a complimentary double pass to the Nanaimo Museum to learn all about Nanaimo’s famous local treat!
Prize 3 Incredible organics and homegrown goodness come together from Saltspring Soapworks with a gift basket containing a 100% Organic Lipbalm with local honey, Pure Vanilla Handmade Soap, Lavender and Ylang Ylang Body Lotion and a charming heart-shaped Coconut Bath Bomb.
You’ve got two separate chances to win!
- Leave a comment below telling me how you celebrate love all year round. (1 entry)
- Find Keira-Anne.com on Facebook, click on the “Contests” tab and write a quick message telling me about your most memorable Valentine’s Day – whether it was the best or the worst! (1 entry)
I’ll draw three winners at random on Friday, February 11 at 6:00 p.m. Good luck!
About the contest’s fantastic sponsors…
A jewel in Victoria’s Chinatown neighbourhood, Silk Road Teas has been hand-blending unique organic loose teas since 1992. I was fortunate enough to attend one of their popular tea workshops in the Fall of 2010 and also found a treasured selection of essential oils, aromatherapy and bathing products as well as a complete on-site spa. [website] [Facebook] [Twitter]
A new addition to Nanaimo, the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory produces inspired and deeply flavourful artisan chocolates. With everything from fudge to brittle to Rocky Pop, there’s certainly something to please everyone. Visit them at the Departure Bay Ferry Terminal or their pop-up shop in Woodgrove Centre. [website] [Facebook] [Twitter]
The Nanaimo Museum highlights the Harbour City’s vibrant and fascinating history through interactive displays and exhibits. Be sure to visit some of the current exhibits, honouring Black History Month and Nanaimo’s Chinatown. [website] [Facebook]
A long-time favourite of mine, Saltspring Soapworks is the little soap-maker that could. Based on its namesake island, Saltspring Soapworks has been producing delicious handmade, locally sourced soaps, body products, lotions and much more for over 30 years. [website] [Facebook] [Twitter]