Posted on January 28, 2011
February On Mt. Washington
Another month, another calendar packed with events. The list of happenings on Mount Washington in February is as abundant as the tasty powder. Here are a few noteworthy highlights.
Slopeside Singles February 5
- Take speed dating sky-high with chairlift dating between 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. A singles line at the Eagle chair will pair you with a different single every time. It’s an adults-only event, costs $5 to register (plus the price of your lift ticket) and gives you the opportunity to win an ultra romantic getaway to Middle Beach Lodge in Tofino. Appetizers, wine and beer will be available in FRESH after the event. [more information]
Kokanee Day For Dudes February 11
- Hone in on your skills, test ride new equipment and chug back free beer. For $77.90 you get a full-day lift ticket, aprés at Fat Teddy’s and cold, crisp Kokanee beer. What more do dudes need? [more information]
Photo: Kyle Mouritsen on Flickr [used with permission]
Herb Bradley Coca Cola Classic February 13
- The Vancouver Island Society for Adaptive Snowsports aims to provide those with physical or mental challenges the opportunity to learn and enjoy snow sports. The Herb Bradley Coca Cola Classic teams four participants, one of which being a disabled skier or rider, to fundraise for this crucial athletic group. The races wrap up with prizes and even a “Wipe Out Of The Day” award. [more information]
Big Air Competition February 26
- The Stomping Ground Terrain Park is the only place to be for adrenaline junkies and those with an appetite for huge air. Skiers and boarders will by competing by lofting themselves off one massive jump. There are prizes, categories for men and women, those under 13, teens and adults. There’s a refundable $10 entrant fee and helmets are mandatory. Register on Marmots Floor on jump day. [more information]
Subaru Women’s Week February 28 – March 4
- Kick off the spring season with a week-long event dedicated to bringing chicas together on the slopes. There are a number of packages available that include themed lunches, lift tickets, lessons, and even wine and beer tastings. Childcare will be available at a discounted rate. [more information]
For all these events and more, check out Mt. Washington’s events calendar online.