Posted on January 14, 2011
January On Mt. Washington
With a current alpine snowbase of over 500cm (yes, you read that correctly), Mt. Washington’s definitely earned their bragging rights this season. However, all that tasty powder isn’t the only thing happening on the hill these days. Mt. Washington’s events calendar is jam-packed this January – here are a few ideas to entice you.
Kokanee Day For Dudes January 14
- Hone in on your skills, test ride new equipment and chug back free beer. For $77.90 you get a full-day lift ticket, aprés at Fat Teddy’s and cold, crisp Kokanee beer. [more information]
The North Face Avalanche Awareness Weekend January 14-16
- Sponsored by North Face and featuring the Canadian Avalanche Association, this weekend aims to promote safety in the back country and build awareness of this very real risk. Demonstrations and events will be held at the BCA Beacon Basin at the top of the Whiskey Jack Chair. [more information]
Ladies Day Escape January 18
- If the dudes get their day, the ladies have theirs too. This drop-in program with the ski school groups women of similar abilities together to meet new friends while improving skiing or riding techniques. For $85.94, your lesson and full-day lift ticket are included as well as a scrumptious lunch. [more information]
Laser Tag at the Ozone January 22, January 29
- From 4-7pm, a snow course will be set up at the tubing park for laser tag enthusiasts. $5 (cash only) will get you in with all your gear; weather permitting. [more information]
Ski For MS Fundraiser January 30
- Each year Mt. Washington hosts this important fundraiser to help those affected by Multiple Sclerosis. This day-long event features fun for everyone and those who raise a certain minimum will receive a free lift pass, a BBQ lunch and some fantastic prizes. For more information or to obtain a pledge form, contact Cherie Kamenz at (250) 339-0819 or zip off an e-mail. [more information]
For all these events and more, check out Mt. Washington’s events calendar online.