Posted on May 25, 2010
Visiting New York City
Visiting New York City was a trip to the concrete jungle of my dreams.
Almost all my life, I’ve had ideals and expectations about what I thought visiting New York City would be like. Four full days into our trip, I can say with absolute certainty that this city has met and exceeded any ideas I held. Rebecca and I have been living an adventure that is nothing short of amazing.
Before we arrived, Rebecca and I agreed that we wouldn’t plan an itinerary, but instead wake up each day and see where New York City takes us.
In the short time we’ve been here, we have:
- downed $2 cans of PBR in a Tribeca dive bar;
- strolled the sunshine-splashed pathways of Central Park;
- soaked up the atmosphere at Union Square;
- stood face-to-face with the Empire State Building from the top of Rockefeller Center;
- given our credit cards a solid workout with some of the city’s best shopping;
- cooled down with frosted hot chocolate from Serendipity 3;
- strolled through the West Village like a couple of locals;
- mesmerized ourselves with the dazzling lights of Times Square;
- and noshed on fried green tomatoes in Hell’s Kitchen.
Needless to say, the pedicures we treated ourselves to were much deserved. Whoever said that New York City is a walking town wasn’t kidding.
With three full days left, there’s much we still want to see. Battery Park, the Staten Island ferry, Chinatown and the Brooklyn Bridge are on tomorrow’s agenda, and we’ve already snagged tickets to see Sex and the City 2 while we’re in the city. I’m sure that by the time we arrive home, it will have all seemed like a dream, but we’re certainly living that dream while we’re here.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/53147/domains/keira-anne.com/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 399