Posted on August 21, 2009
NINE THINGS YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW
- Vancouver Island’s Marmot Recovery Foundation is ironically facing extinction after the BC’s Ministry of Environment has yet to fork over annual funding. The group is about $60,000 short for the fiscal year. [Comox Valley Record]
- A woman from Ucluelet has kept a black-tailed deer as a pet for the last five years. Conservation officers want the woman to release the deer but some animal rights activists say the deer would die, being that it lacks the skills to survive in the wild. What do you think? [Westerly News]
Photo: Miss604 on Flickr – Read the blog post.
- Sometimes John Mayer is awkward.
- Last month the Vancouver sun published an interesting article regarding the Vancouver Humane Society and a person’s right to support animals. All life is inter-connected and it’s a good reminder not to compartmentalize compassion. [Vancouver Sun]
- Do you like shoes? I like shoes. Enter here to win a gorgeous pair of designer heels from olsenHaus.
- There’s less than a month to go until the Province-wide Paws For A Cause to support the BC-SPCA. If you’d like to sponsor me and Jordy as we crusade for our furry and feathered friends, please click here to do so. We’ve already achieve 47% of our goal!
- Fall is just around the corner which means that the snow will be falling once again before we know it! You have until September 15, 2009 to purchase your season pass from Mount Washington and be entered to win some fantastic prizes (including an escape to Middle Beach Lodge in Tofino)! Early bird passes are available until the end of September.
Photo: DBLTHNK on Flickr
- A court date has been set for three men accused of assault in a potentially racially-motivated incident that took place earlier this summer behind the Courtenay McDonald’s restaurant. The story has grabbed international headlines, and the trio will learn what they’re being formally charged with at an arraignment on September 10, 2009 now that the RCMP’s investigation has wrapped up. [Comox Valley Record]
- If you’re looking for other great local reading, Comox Valley Blogs has recently launched and features a growing list of area blogs.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/53147/domains/keira-anne.com/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 399