Posted on July 16, 2009
I ♥ NEW YORK
For almost the entire duration of our friendship, Rebecca and I have dreamed and giggled about visiting New York City together. Finally – finally – the trip planning has been set into motion, and with Rebecca’s recent whirlwind trip this week, my stoke meter has been spiking. Though our girls’ vacation to the Big Apple isn’t going to happen until May, 2010, it doesn’t hurt to scout out a bit in advance.
Photo: Miss604 on Flickr
While we’ve agreed to rely more on spontaneity and avoid the usual tourist traps and a packed itinerary, there are certainly a few things I need to do and experience.
1. Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge at sunrise to take in the views of Manhattan from the Brooklyn Heights Promenade.
2. Eat a pretzel from a different street vendor every single day (I love warm, salty pretzels)!
3. Visit Times Square at 1:00 a.m. to snap pictures.
4. Cruise across to Staten Island on the free ferry (and maybe “enjoy” an infamous Staten Island iced tea).
5. Take a deep breath from the top of the Empire State Building.
6. Aimlessly wander Greenwich Village to find something unique for each of my special someones.
7. “Hit up Magnolia and mack on some cupcakes…”
8. Allow my darling Meghan to drag us to her favourite places and allow her to set me up with she-knows-who (and I won’t forget, Megs).
9. Buy myself a charm bracelet at Tiffany & Co. and have it engraved with the date to commemorate the trip
10. Devour a tasty lunch in Central Park in the sunshine.
I have no doubt I’ll probably put on a few pounds from all the tempting food. I know for certain I’ll drink a lot of coffee; sleep is overrated and I plan on making the most of our week there (even if it means heading out on some solo excursions). And fingers crossed, this is where we may be staying. We’re checking out our options, but those rooms sure would make from some cute photo shoots!