Posted on June 9, 2009
THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO UGH
I’ve been feeling like there’s a bit of a rain cloud over my head the last few days. While I could be a deceptive blogger and writing about ponies and rainbows in an attempt to make you all think I feel peachy, let’s be candid with each other, no?
In the spirit of all things Eeyore, I present to you an incomplete list of things that drive this girl nuts (and then some)…
- being cut off by cars in a crosswalk
- my bangs (actually, all my hair right now, generally speaking)
- stepping onto an elevator to discover it’s suffocating with cologne or perfume
- stepping off of an elevator to discover a horde of people fighting like vultures to get on before I get off
- text messaging
- people that say they’ll call and then don’t
- when people type or spell a lot as alot
- tourists that lollygag on the sidewalk when I’m trying to get to work
- checking my voicemail
- people that don’t keep their dogs on leashes when walking down the street
- LOL-ing… who really sits at their computer laughing out loud? (as well, excessive and unnecessary emoticon use)
- student loans
- people that don’t know the difference between their, there, and they’re (this annoyance also applies to differences between your and you’re, as well as too, to and two)
- when radio stations play edited versions of songs… isn’t that compromising artistic integrity?
- being told I’m needed for something at the last minute – sudden and unexpected change invokes temper tantrums
- PC computers
Feel free to add to the list.